Legal Services for the International Enterprise
Welcome to the Website of Peter S. Herrick, an experienced, proactive law firm.
REFUNDS OF MONEY/CURRENCY SEIZED BY CUSTOMS AS OF
September 1, 2017
Since the passage of CAFRA 2000 Customs has made thousands of seizures of money/currency from persons entering and departing the United States without completing the currency reporting forms. We are aware of $3,517,339 seized by Customs. We are aware of $3,318,814.43 of this amount being refunded. On the other hand, in a report by the Government dated March 29, 2017, out of 168 currency seizures approximately 95% of the funds were forfeited to the Government because the persons had no legal counsel.
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Customs lawyer (customs attorney) with 46 years of experience representing clients in administrative proceedings with federal agencies.
- Success in mitigating customs penalties and liquidated damages. (See successes tab).
- Success in having Customs seizures remitted. (See successes tab).
- Customs lawyer (customs attorney) representing clients in the U.S. Court of International Trade; various U.S. District Courts; and, various U.S. Courts of Appeal.
- Obtaining various scope rulings from the Department of Commerce.
- Obtaining refunds of seized money; seized currency; and, seized cash.
- Obtaining favorable customs classification and value rulings.
- Obtaining favorable customs drawback funds.
Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This site does not purport to give legal advice nor does use of this venue by any party constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship.