Legal Services for the International Enterprise
Welcome to the Website of Peter S. Herrick,
an experienced, proactive law firm.
REFUNDS OF SEIZED CASH/MONEY/CURRENCY
Every year Customs seizes millions of dollars of cash/money/currency from person arriving to and departing from the United States who fail to complete the currency reporting form for amounts in excess of $10,000.00. We have personally has refunded $3,780,788.40 of more than $4,045,263 seized from our clients. Customs estimated 95% of seized money is forfeited to the Government because our law firm was not retained to fight for a refund. Now is the time for you to contact us to have your seized money refunded!
HOT ISSUES FROM OUR LOS ANGELES OFFICE
We are currently defending an apparel importer in San Francisco being sued by Customs for a multi million dollar penalty.
In Los Angeles we are consulting in defending an aluminum importer in an alleged multi million dollar dumping duty evasion case.
In Sacramento we are negotiating with the U.S. Attorney for the return of seized currency.
In San Diego we are negotiating with Customs for the refund of seized money.
Back to San Francisco, we are assisting a jewelry importer with its classification claim that its jewelry is duty free under the Oman Free Trade Agreement.
Back to Los Angeles, we have filled a scope ruling request with the Department of Commerce that imported finished windows are outside the scope of the dumping duty order for extruded aluminum.
YOUR WHISTLE BLOWER (QUI TAM) LAWYER
In the case of John Doe v. United States, 16 Cl. Ct. 412 (1989) we were successful in obtaining a $250,000.00 informer’s award for our client and $23,000.00 in attorney fees. We can do the same for you!
OUR AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Customs lawyer (customs attorney) with 46 years of experience representing clients in administrative proceedings with federal agencies.
- Success in mitigating customs penalties and liquidated damages. (See successes tab).
- Success in having Customs seizures remitted. (See successes tab).
- Customs lawyer (customs attorney) representing clients in the U.S. Court of International Trade; various U.S. District Courts; and, various U.S. Courts of Appeal.
- Obtaining various scope rulings from the Department of Commerce.
- Obtaining refunds of seized money; seized currency; and, seized cash.
- Obtaining favorable customs classification and value rulings.
- Obtaining favorable customs drawback funds.
Disclaimer: The hiring of a lawyer is an important decision that should not be based solely upon advertisements. Before you decide, ask us to send you free written information about our qualifications and experience. This site does not purport to give legal advice nor does use of this venue by any party constitute the formation of an attorney-client relationship.